I’m excited to announce a fresh start for Twibes with a newly re-designed home page and thousands of newly-available twibe names.Â Now is the time to check if a name you’ve been waiting for is available. Go to http://www.twibes.com/start to start your Twibe.
- Â· Participating in a twibe is a quick way to meet people.
- Â· By founding a twibe twitter group, you establish influence and leadership in a topic. Imagine if you were the founderÂ of the Photography twibe, with over 4,391 members!
- Â· Your twibe will collect members (and followers) for you through viral propagation as people tweet to join the twibe.
- Â·Â Also, more people will find you when they search for on Google for different types of Twitter groups.
- Â· You can take your groupâ€™s tweets to your blog or web site using our RSS feeds and widgets.
- Â·Â Of course, creating a twibe is FREE and just requires one tweet.
There are two key factors to launching a thriving twibe. First, a great name that captures the memberâ€™s interests. The name should represent a broad or passionate member base, and the groupâ€™s agenda (not your own). For example â€œRunnersâ€ is a great name, but â€œMidtownRunningShoesâ€ is not.
The second factor is a good leader (or twibe â€œfounderâ€). If you choose the right group name, often the twibe will take off by itself as it spreads via Twitter. However, you may need to promote the group a little bit (via email and Twitter) to get a few key people to join. Also, a good leader will act like a party host, introducing members to one another, and making people feel welcome.